SUSE Linux Days Road Tour

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Jul 26 00:58:10 MST 2014

Am 25. Jul, 2014 schwätzte Michael Butash so:

> I was wondering the same thing, are they even relevant still?
>
> I can't remember the last time I've even heard a tall tale of a business
> running SUSE, let alone anyone I know.  I remember a coworker being as

At SCaLE I talked to some people who use it. Also, there was some app
where SuSE has the best support. Don't hear about it much in Phoenix
anymore, but there's a big, wide world out there...

Looks like they were here last Oktober. Glad we found out about it this
time around.

I went to a RedHat road show a couple of years ago and it had great
content. Most of the content didn't apply to anything I was working on,
but I found it still to be worth attending. Hopefully the SuSE road show
will also have good content.

"Plus much more!", well now the expectations are high! :)

https://www.suse.com/events/road-tour/

ciao,

der.hans

> frustrated with Ubuntu as I've been last year, and trying it out.  He
> apparently ended up back on ubuntu by the end of the weekend denouncing it as
> *a mess* until he could find another escape hatch.
>
> I'm still fighting with Mint Debian after 2 weeks, sorta got it happy, but
> the package repo in testing leaves much to be desired for properly defined
> dependencies and broken my packages at least a few times since getting a
> usable desktop after a week.
>
> A friend keeps telling me redhat and it's bastard children spawned aren't so
> terrible anymore, might actually try fedora or cent after 10 years of
> bitterness from my last attempt still.
>
> Figure there's gotta be something better, but seems not.  To each their own
> devil when choosing the road less traveled, ie. linux.
>
> -mb
>

> On 07/25/2014 02:43 PM, Mike Bushroe wrote:
>> I haven't used SUSE in many years. Think I would still be welcome? :)
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> --
>> "Creativity is intelligence having fun." --- Albert Einstein

#  Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. -- Thomas Jefferson