ubuntu phone

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Jan 2 19:47:42 MST 2013

I'm somewhat hoping it works well, I wouldn't mind actually replacing
android with ubuntu, as I think easily enough it could survive if
offered with an emulation layer for apps/games like bluestacks
(win/mac), but hopefully an open source version eventually.

Blackberry had been working on android emulation for playbook as a fall
back in case no one bothered making apps for it, but not sure it ever
worked out since no one bought one anyways.  Then everyone forgot about
blackberry all together.

Either way it needs apps and games to live, and I think emulation of
either/both iphone or especially android should be a priority.  I don't
imagine it'd be that hard since it probably shares the android kernel
source base anyways.

I say bring it on ubuntu phone, I just hope they don't hide it away only
to oem's that won't bother with it.  I just bought a transformer
infinity tab to put ubuntu on already and take a stab out of using as a
laptop replacement.  I have a useless gnex after leaving verizon I was
gonna sell, maybe I'll rom it with ubuntu and see once they have public
images of it.

-mb