Ubuntu 11.04 upgrade

Steve Phariss sphariss at gmail.com
Wed May 4 14:05:06 MST 2011

Well, I did something I swore I would never do (major OS upgrades after 7
PM)  I went from Ubuntu 10.10 to  Ubuntu 11.04 last night.  had to leave the
upgrade running all night as it took over 12 hours!!!! (about 2 hours for
downloading, 10+ for actual install and clean up.)

Finally finished this morning but I have not had time to really sit down
with it.  At least I did not have any issues with Grub 2 this time around
(probably because I had it keep the original config).  One annoying thing I
found, I was unable to find any Administration tab on Unity...  It is
probably there, but that desktop is definitely going to take some getting
used to.

One thing I DID notice is that boot time (bios to usable desktop) seemed to
be much faster then 10.xx  Also, LibreOffice has replaced OpenOffice (no
surprise, but glad to see it)