Php developer positions

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Sun Jun 5 21:18:36 MST 2011

I don't think it's that.. if you know Perl.. PHP isn't a big stretch.
PHP steals a ton from Java/C/Perl; hard core zealots get upset that PHP is
loosely typed but a bad programmer can produce junk equally in
Java/C/Perl/PHP.
I started out doing Perl then went to PHP where it works best (web); I'm
just starting to accept Java now that CPUs are fast enough to negate any
arguments about it :)
Wishing I'd embraced Java sooner since Oracle stuff I do is neck deep in
Java.

I love Perl for it's ducktape ability to do just about anything; it is IDEAL
for string processing though.  PHP is best suited for web related tasks in
my opinion even though it can compete on the command line with Perl now.
Now that PHP can do command line; the PHP or Perl question for me comes down
to what perl mods exist for the task at hand and whether it is more web
related or not.
PHP is by far better for web than Perl though embedded Perl (apache mod)
makes it a bit moot.
(Did I just start a language war??? [laugh])
JD