Extended Attributes

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 09:47:44 MST 2011

Joseph mentioned the command lsattr which I had forgotten about so I read
the man page and tried it.  I can find no explanation of the meaning of the
results and so far the only file I found with anything other than the lower
case e in the second to last position was"

--------------I--e- /var/log/bootchart

While http://linux.die.net/man/5/attr gives a fair explanation of what
extended attributes are used for, I've found nothing to help interpret the
attributes displayed by lsattr.  Any pointers?

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson