A programming language for learning (Was: )

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:03:45 MST 2010

Wow, for someone that accused me and others of being fanboys at the expense of logic, you just can't let it go!

OK, using this logic, if I want to learn how to cook, I should get a job at McDonalds because they serve more customers than any other resturaunt.

Python is a terific language as a replacement for Perl as an advanced scripting language.  But as a teaching language, it sucks.  Python is used far too often in situations where it shouldn't be in an attempt to make it into something its not.  This thread started someone wanting to learn how to program, and you keep advocating Python for reasons that have nothing to do with providing the right environment for learning... Instead you keep up the fandom you have accused me and others of.

Kevin

Sent from my Nokia phone