ext? as fat or ntfs?

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 11:45:31 MST 2009

My guess would be the easiest thing to do would be to format it NTFS, since
almost everything can read/write it.

I understand the resistance, but if you want an M$ systems to see your
files, the ntfs will always work on an M$ system, and Linux has the support
built in too.

The real issue is not the ntfs partition itself, it's the technology used to
read it, and even if you don't have an ntfs file system. The ability to read
one is still in your linux system.

So unless you're planning to strip out that ability for every linux system
you use, you might as well use the ntfs to make things simple.

I do still agree with your point of view though, but whatever free and open
file system we can come up with, M$ will never add it to their OS's
themselves, or back port it to their older systems.

Which means, always modifying the M$ system to read the free FS.

http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/ #