flash

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:53:52 MST 2009

Jason Hayes wrote:

> No problems with the official version. I've installed the restricted stuff and
> the official flash, as well as the swfdec, but still have many pages where the
> flash components just don't work.
>
> All I get is blank screen, or a flash component that is blinking through all
> the possible screens at high speed. Not sure what the issue is.

If you have both, and the swfdec-mozilla package, swfdec may be
overriding flash-plugin-nonfree. Try going to your addons->plugins and
disabling swfdec if it was in there.

I was never able to figure out how to get swfdec working with
youtube/video sight in general. Probably just codecs, but IDk what batch
to install so gave up and used mplayer script to watch youtube videos.

Ryan