flash

Jason Hayes jason at jasonhayes.org
Thu Jul 16 14:43:54 MST 2009

On Thursday 16 July 2009 10:09:35 am Stephen wrote:
> i think installing the restricted stuff and then checking for flash in
> the repo is what i got mine working with on my ubuntu 9.04 box...
>
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Joshua A. Andler<scislac at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 09:42 -0700, Jason Hayes wrote:
> >> Anyone found a way to make flash content work in Firefox. I'm using
> >> Kubuntu 9.01 with the latest flash and swfdec, but many of the pages
> >> with flash content out there are beyond this setup's capability.
> >>
> >> Any new plugins, drivers, downloads, URLs, good ideas ... ???
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >
> > Is there something wrong with the official Adobe flash? Or must it be an
> > open solution?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Josh

No problems with the official version. I've installed the restricted stuff and
the official flash, as well as the swfdec, but still have many pages where the
flash components just don't work.

All I get is blank screen, or a flash component that is blinking through all
the possible screens at high speed. Not sure what the issue is.
--
Jason Hayes