OT: remember

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Thu Sep 11 18:53:11 MST 2008

Craig White wrote:
> there are documented moments when such acts (killing innocent American
> civilians on American soil) were actually contemplated by members of our
> own government...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

The Northwoods "plan", while indeed ludicrous, was purely deception. It
involved NO KILLING WHATSOEVER.  This elaborate play is a far cry from
outright killing thousands of people, destroying buildings, and somehow
involving and coordinating thousands of others in a plot and
successfully keeping it secret.

Was this plan rediculous? Yes. Did it involve killing innocent people,
or even enemies? No.  Could 9-11 be just a more "hardcore" version of
this plan? Anything is possible, but I have a hard time believing that
the govt would be capable of pulling off such an complex plan, involving
so many people.

-Charles