OT - Have you seen this ad?

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 01:40:05 MST 2008

Well, in relation to what I was talking about in the first place, it's
all a matter of how much you travel, and what your life is like.  I've
had the same experience with pedal bike... even had people screaming
out constantly get out of the road and drive on the sidewalk like the
law says.  (I was in the bike lane lol)

MPG and maintenance costs all mingle together.  I've been hit
violently in car, motorcycle, bicycle, walking, running, you name it.
I'm not making it up either :-)  I've come to the conclusion that you
can't even bring that into the equation of transport.  Most people
believe that what movements they do are for everyone else to watch out
for.  The last was being hit in the side on motorcycle by a guy racing
an SUV through a redlight at 40 mph, not much you can do about that
kind of thing other than just accept the consequences of life
really....

Anyway, my original post was just comparing an everyday Toyota Corolla
to a 750cc cruiser motorcycle.  Very comparable, and gives us lots of
options for fuel economy!

Thanks,
Dan Lund
It is necessary for him who lays out a state and arranges laws for it
to presuppose that all men are evil and that they are always going to
act according to the wickedness of their spirits whenever they have
free scope.
-Niccolo Machiavelli