OT:Cisco for newbies?

chip33az at netscape.net chip33az at netscape.net
Thu Dec 27 08:23:18 MST 2007

Last year, I went to Gateway Community College for their CCNP training.
It was 4 classes in 2 school semesters.

You can look at the Maricopa Community Colleges pages for CNT (Cisco
Networking Technology) classes, or you can go to cisco.com under
training and use the Academy Locator.

The biggest problem with the community colleges is they cancel classes
if there isn't enough enrolled.  I had signed up at Glendale CC, but the
Friday before the class was to start I logged on and noticed they
canceled my class.  No notice, etc.  I had to go to Gateway for them,
which was horrible since I live in Glendale.

You can also look for the Academy books for the CCNA.  There should be 2
of them and they are fairly easy to follow along with.

Hope this helps.