Hiring Computer Techs.

Jason jason at spatafore.net
Mon May 15 18:56:40 MST 2006

They will hire techs without degrees. If you can promise to get your A+ within 90 days of hire, you can probably get in the door. The A+ exam is not that difficult, especially if you're a hands-on Linux person. I sent this to PLUG because Linux is very much emerging and the more Linux knowledgable people they get in the door, the better off it is for everyone involved. I currently have a Linux+ and A+ certification. Working on Novell CLP and a degree in programming. So, do you need a degree? Definitely not to get through the door. Will it be beneficial to get one later? Definitely.

One thing that may help is that they have an Educational Reimbursement Plan. If you are full-time, they will pay up to $5000.00 a year for your education as long as it's related to your position. They also have health, dental, 401k...etc. The full package. Definitely worth looking into.