laptop keyboard issues

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Mon May 8 18:25:23 MST 2006

On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:28:00 -0700
Nathan England <nathan at paysonlinux.org> wrote:

> This is an issue I have found in any other Inspiron 700m 's though
> all running Linux, and kernel 2.6. I don't know what DE they were
> running, maybe all were KDE! I will also try the keyboard regional
> mapping.
>
> nathan
> --

logout and log back in as Gnome, or some other WM and see if that works
fine.

I agree with Jason. DO NOT SEND THIS BACK TO DELL. EVER.
I had an inspiron once, and the graphics card went a little bad. i.e
there was a white line all the way across the lcd.

They were almost set to have me send it back when the tech support
person, said "open up the control panel ...", and I had to then tell
her that I wasn't running winblows. She said sorry we don't support
linux, and hung up.

DO NOT EVER buy a Dell UNTIL they support linux.
EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER.

Jerry

> PaysonLinux User Group
> Community Based Linux Support
> http://www.paysonlinux.org/
>
> Business Consulting Services,
> Advanced Network and Server Design,
> Security Solutions,
> Process Management and Efficiency Consultations

Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune: No people are all bad, just as none are
all good. Tecumseh, (Shawnee) to his nephew Spemica Lawba 1790