net neutrality commercials?

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 09:26:47 MST 2006

net neutrality is a couple of things.  One is neutrality over
information going over the lines.  Cable companies have tried time and
time again to set rules on what data can go across the lines and to
impose sanctions.
Another is who you talk to on the net, and who runs what.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

Also lately there's been the talk about a tiered internet, where a
company can pay a fee to be higher in a QoS queue.  It's all in that
wikipedia article.

Let's just say that anything a corporation cares enough about to
create a commercial about can't be good.

On 12/18/06, Nathan Aubrey <nathan at paysonlinux.org> wrote:

> I still don't understand what it is. I have read a few things and it seems
> they were quite confused as well. Atleast, they made no sense to me. When
> someone I trust finally takes a stand one way or another, hopefully he'll
> explain to me why so I can make a decision.
>
> Is there a clear explanation of it? Or does anyone care to take a stab?
>

> On Monday 18 December 2006 09:02, Dan Lund wrote:
> > I think I've finally seen which side the cable companies are on now...
> > I didn't even know there was a side to be on really until I just saw a
> > commercial sponsored by the cable data and telecommunications
> > committee (something like that) that stated that net neutrality was
> > something concocted by the silicon valley companies to keep you paying
> > for their services.  (with a man laying on a bed, money falling on
> > him)
> > At the end it had:
> > "Net Neutrality is bad for consumers"
> > on a black screen.
> >
> > hoa boy....

> PaysonLinux User Group
> Community Based Linux Support
> http://www.paysonlinux.org/
>
> Business Consulting Services,
> Advanced Network and Server Design,
> Security Solutions,
> Process Management and Efficiency Consultations
>
>       _   _____   ______  ___   ___   ______
>      | | | ____| / _____| | |   | |  / _____|
>      | | | |___  | |____  | |   | |  | |____
>   _  | | |  ___| \____  \ | |   | |  \____  \
>  | |_| | | |___   ___/  / | |___| |   ___/  /
>   \___/  |_____| |_____/  |_______|  |_____/
>
>  ______   _______   __   __   _____   ______
> / _____| |   _   | |  | |  | | ____| / _____
>

> That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
> and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him
> from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
>           < Romans 10:9 KJV >

"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte