gnash

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Aug 29 10:12:01 MST 2006

Am 29. Aug, 2006 schwätzte Robert N. Eaton so:

> Because I can't get my installed flash player to play nicely with Firefox, I
> thought I would try gnash-0.7.1.  After I untarred and unzipped it, I invoked
> ./configure, and got

http://freshmeat.net/projects/gnash/

Says it works for 64 bit architectures.

> <snip>
>
> checking for C++ compiler default output file name... configure: error: C++
> compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> I opened `config.log' and found, among other things...
>
> PATH: /usr/local/bin
> PATH: /usr/bin
> PATH: /bin
> PATH: /usr/bin/X11
> PATH: /usr/games
>

> and...
>
> configure:2689: checking for c++
> configure:2718: result: no
>
> I did a locate search for  c++ and found...
>
> /usr/bin/c++filt

man c++filt gives the following description:

c++filt - Demangle C++ and Java symbols.

> /usr/include/c++
> /usr/include/c++/3.3
>
> Since there were a lot of entries in /usr/include/c++, I concluded that it
> was indeed installed (correct me if I'm wrong.)  If it is installed there,
> how do I install /usr/include in the PATH statement? Or should I mv or cp the
> c++ directory to, say, /usr/local/bin? Or should I merely ln -s the two
> directories???

No, you do not want to add /usr/include directories to your PATH.

If there is something in /usr/include that would be OK to execute your
package management system should have made the appropriate soft link when
the package was installed.

You need g++, which is the GNU C++ compiler.

Your distro should have some base devel package that will grab everything
you need.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,
#  keine Ahnung und keinen (.)plan. -- die Toten Hosen