Ubuntu "LAMP" default install

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Aug 22 10:16:55 MST 2006

Am 22. Aug, 2006 schwätzte Randy Melder so:

> Ubuntu now comes with a selection for a LAMP server. The whole install takes
> 15 minutes according to a buddy of mine. Getting ready to try it out on an
> r&d box.
>
> Comments???

I haven't tried their LAMP package, but the Ubuntu install is pretty easy.
Apache goes in easily with MySQL or PostgreSQL and PHP :).

I've mostly moved to Ubuntu. Everything I've installed in the last year
has been Ubuntu. I'm very happy with it. It's debian with improvements.

I haven't yet used it for a server, but I'm thinking about updating one of
my debian servers to Ubuntu to try it out. I've got to be confident in
Ubuntu to contemplate that.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/