Which kview to use and where to download?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Tue Aug 22 08:25:21 MST 2006

.
I'm trying to figure out which version of kview to download
and where to find it.  I've used kview on previous installations
with no problem, but kview is apparently missing from my latest
Mandriva installation that uses kernel: Linux 2.6.12-12mdk

In searching for kview, I found a security advisory MDKSA-2006:136
here: http://lwn.net/Alerts/193836/ that says "updated packages
have been patched to correct these issues" and the latest stable
version at http://rpmfind.net is shown as follows:
  kdegraphics-kview-3.4.2-1mdk RPM for i586
  From KDE Stable / 3.4.2 / Mandriva / 10.2 / i586

But this refers to Mandriva 10.2 and I think my version is 10.1
(but I don't know how to determine which I actually have).
And I don't know if that makes any difference, anyway.

Also, searching for kview, I noticed that the version of kview
that corresponded to 10.1 shows one place as:
  libkdegraphics0-kview-devel-3.2.3
and another place as:
  libkdegraphics0-kview-3.2-15.12.C30mdk.i586.rpm

How confusing.  What to do?