Adding Printer

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 23:00:53 MST 2006

I have an HP LaserJet 4P and and HP 950 PSC both attached to a Windows XP
box on my home network.  I had no trouble adding them to Ubuntu 6.06.  It
was easy and both work just fine.

However, under Kubuntu 6.06 after identifying the printer (either one) and
selecting the driver, I am told that either the driver does not exist or I
do not have permission to do the operation.  Going into adept it appears the
drivers are installed and I did use the administrator mode for the wizard to
add a printer.

The wierdest part is I tried using the wrong driver (under the
hewlett-packard printer list rather than the HP list which is wierd in
itself) and the install worked although the printer printed garbage (like
sending postscript to a non-postscript printer).

Any ideas why this is so different for Kubuntu or how I can make them work
for Kubuntu?

--
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the
transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them."

Patrick Henry quote