Hello (new thread)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Sep 14 09:42:00 MST 2005

Am 14. Sep, 2005 schwätzte Ben so:

> I've lurked on the list (many may say, fairly accurately so, the
> state) for some time now.
>
> I've been using Linux since 1998.  I've worked at ASU for a little
> over 5 years as a tech support analyst and more recently as a
> full-time web developer/designer there.  Currently I help out with the
> ASULUG, making it to the InstallFests when I can, and have recently
> begun helping out with the ASULUG website (asulug.org).
>
> I've recently added to the ASULUG site upcoming events that are hosted
> by PLUG, such as the upcoming GNU/Linux Stammtisch informal meet and

The GNU/Linux Stammtisch actually isn't a PLUG event. I specifically keep
it independent in an attempt to make sure everyone feels welcome to
attend. We've stayed near ASU to be convenient for the students, but we
now seldom get people from the uni :(.

I used to announce the Stammtisch on the ASULUG list, but I really haven't
participated there for a few years.

> InstallFest at University of Advancing Technology. I figure that our
> members (who aren't already involved on the list and in the LUG; hello
> Bryan :-) might be interested in learning about GNU/Linux-related
> events in the Valley.

As chairman of PLUG ( and former president of ASULUG ) I can say PLUG
would love to see participation between the groups. There's no reason for
ASULUG members to not consider themselves PLUG members if they also
participate in PLUG.

I know ASULUG usually has several people from PLUG helping out at the
InstallFests.

If you've started picking up ASU West members you might want to include
the DeLUG meetings as well as PLUG's west side meeting.

>  I just wanted send a note to the list to make sure that this is OK to
> do so (and also to introduce myself).   Thank you.

By all means. I'd love to see us consolidate efforts :).

Howdy. :)

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,