Kontact and Karm

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss at granroth.org
Fri Oct 28 12:07:36 MST 2005

On Friday 28 October 2005 08:59 am, Derek Neighbors wrote:
> der.hans wrote:
> > moin, moin,
> >
> > speaking of Kontact as Jason just has...
> >
> > the Karm home page indicates that one should now use Kontact.
> >
> > http://pim.kde.org/components/karm.php
> >
> > But, I don't see anything on the Kontact page about Karm.
> >
> > http://kontact.kde.org/
> >
> > It's been a long week and I'm really tired, so I'd believe I'm
> > overlooking
> > something obvious, but I just don't see anything for time tracking for
> > projects.
> >
> > I also don't see the reports mentioned on the Karm page...
>
>  From what I can tell it appears they are noting that the Karm component
> is no longer being developed.  They point to Kontact, but I do not
> believe that the Karm features exist there.  I don't think this is
> oversight on your part, just bad information relaying on their part.
> Next meeting remind me to show you what we are developing at Integrum as
> it might solve what you are looking to do with Karm.

Ah, you're referring to KArm.  I was thrown by Karm, thinking that it was some
new component related to "karma" or the like. :-)

Well, KArm may not have any decent web page devoted to it, but it is still
maintained.  It's in the kdepim package in 3.4 as well as the 3.5 development
branch.

I don't know if it would do "time tracking for projects", though.  That sounds
a bit like MS Project to me and KArm won't even remotely do that.

Kurt