New website accessability support

Technomage technomage-hawke at cox.net
Thu Oct 27 14:20:17 MST 2005

ok. here goes......

On Thursday 27 October 2005 09:56, Alan Dayley wrote:
> We are rapidly working toward the launch of the new PLUG website.  Over in
> the plug-webdev list, the topic of accessability for the vision impared
> has already received significant discussion.  Right from the first, some
> members expressed the desire to be helpful to visitors and members with
> vision issues.

a couple of suggestions:
1. don't use a lot of graphics, ESPECIALLY for links (if you have graphics,
use the ALT-tags for description)
2. leave frames off

you might check the online archives of blinux-list (they are a blind related
group of linux users). there are suggestions there for w3c blind compliant
pages. :)