nxclient & gnome or xfce help (UPDATE)

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 08:43:24 MST 2005

--- Josh Coffman <josh_coffman at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Lately I've been having a really bad latency
> problem
> using nxclient and freenx. I'm not sure if this is
> just cox or if it is software related.
>
>   The lag when using nxclient/freenx to my home
> desktop is unbearable. Before it was really good. I
> am
> running gnome 2.12 (do I need to clear out cache or
> anything).
> I can also start xfce, but that only shows about a
> 600x480 screen. Otherwise, xfce seems to work well.
>
>   Can anyone recomend things I can check or how to
> get
> xfce to run at a larger display size?
>
> Thanks
> -j

Not sure why this is, but it seems gdesklets is the
culperate. I've got 3 sensors and 1 launchbar running
in it. When I started it under xfce, The latency again
got bad.

I was using it under gnome without a problem so I'm
not sure why it's recently a problem.

So I connected using nxclient/GNOME and stopped
gdesklets and now it runs fine.