cox connectivity issue

Michael Sammartano volinaz at cox.net
Fri Oct 7 20:42:25 MST 2005

I have to disagree here. I have never been able to get any modem to work
on RG-59. I have even gone as far as to run 59 from the rg-8 that Cox
runs outside and just use a splice, not a splitter, and still no
connection. I have 2 splitters on my home and Cox claims I have a bunch
of signal loss on the hi side(what ever that is) and my tv is fine. I
still get 364 days connectivity and 4mbps dl speeds. My upside is good
as well and I also host an ftp, http, https, and vnc services on 6 of my
boxes and I have no issues. I have been using cox since 1999 when they
had the original internet service here where dl was over cable and
upload was over phone. I have no complaints whatsoever, I just avoid
speaking to level one if there is an issue. I have lost connectivity 3
times in all these years due to router changeouts, they went back to
cisco routers instead of juniper. That was when they converted from
@Home to cox.

Mike