acquiring digital music

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Oct 6 10:20:42 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 09:10 -0700, Josh Coffman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I make a reasonable effort to be license compliant.
> When I was windows only, buying and buring music
> online wasn't a problem. Other than the stupid
> limitations that it. Now that I'm mostly linux at
> home, what do I do? I like to burn my own audio or mp3
> cd's. Can someone offer some suggestions about
> acquiring music usable & burnable under linux?
>
>    I am familiar with limewire. Not so lucky with
> other p2p under linux so far.
>

> /Sometimes I feel like the village idiot of plug.
----
Linux does that to all of us - watch me trip the next time I get into
shell scripts ;-)

Limewire has Linux client and it works. I think if you go to
www.gnutella.org you will find a number of P2P clients for Linux.

I tend to discourage this because illegal trading of music is what has
fostered and justified this impetus towards DRM.

You undoubtedly saw the link to your post on fedora-list but I will
repeat it for those on this list that aren't on fedora-list as this is
really great stuff...

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=1952

which also referenced...

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/sep2005/tc20050929_4235_tc056.htm