too many choices (distros)

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Wed Oct 5 11:18:04 MST 2005

I don't really enjoy the choices as much as I might. There are sooooo
many distros these days, and it's been very hard for me to tell the
difference between them. I've tried to figure things out from
distrowatch, etc., but it's still a big mess in my mind. The worst thing
to me is that the flood of distros seems almost completely focused on
making a Linux desktop that looks and acts like Windows. Hey, if I
wanted *that* I'd just use Windows!

I'm writing this from a box using FC4 and Gnome, and I don't like it much.

I've been thinking of trying Gentoo. Sounds more like what I want.

--
Darrin Chandler
dwchandler at stilyagin.com
http://www.stilyagin.com/