too many choices (distros)

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Wed Oct 5 10:56:58 MST 2005

Wow. Your question will surely open pandora's box
and bring volumes of responses ;))

I'm in the dark ages, still using Mandrake 8.1 because
it is rock solid, never breaks, and just keeps on trucking.
With the work I'm doing, I just can't risk trying to switch
systems.

I do have Mepis and Xandros running on a newer box,
but at this point, I only use it to offload photos from my
digital camera.  I liked that fact that both installed so
incredibly easily.  I'm looking forward to installing a
newer version of Mandrake/Mandriva when it gets
really stable.  Overall, I think it is the best distro.
I do not like Suse, Fedora, Gentoo, or any of the
versions that require endless updates.  I like stable.

It will be good to see everyone's comments.