Samba trouble

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Sat Oct 1 12:42:42 MST 2005

I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with Samba.  As I just installed
it, and I don't have any important configuration set up yet, I would
like to know how to totally remove it, and just start over.  If I
still have problems at that point, I'll dig into it a little deeper.

I'm on Debian, and when I do 'apt-get remove samba; apt-get clean;',
there are still lots of Samba-related files left.  'updatedb; locate
samba;' finds lots of stuff.  Can I just manually delete all these,
then 'apt-get install samba' to get back to the beginning?

thanks,
alex