Seeking thoughts on a linux bluetooth project

John McGuire jmcguire81 at cox.net
Sat Oct 1 00:45:20 MST 2005

An idea occurred to me on the road a few weeks ago, and I haven't had much
luck finding specifics on the web, so I thought I'd see if anyone here has
come across a similar project. It involves connecting a laptop to a cell
phone through Bluetooth, then calling a second cell phone that is connected
to desktop system (either through Bluetooth or a cable, doesn't matter),
with the final goal being to allow the laptop to make use of the desktops
internet connection. The reason a pair of cell phones are used is that they
would be on a family plan with no minute usage.

This is still in the planning phase, and I don't yet have a Bluetooth phone
to experiment with. Any thoughts or recommendations on ideal phone models
are appreciated.

John McGuire