a cool Opera feature that Mozilla doesn't have

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 27 May 2003 21:01:12 -0700

  >> One can set the editor to use when viewing source.
  >> I set it to /usr/local/bin/gnuclient, ...

  Derek> Use Galeon. It is much more responsive UI wise
  Derek> than Mozilla (but uses the Mozilla rendering
  Derek> engine). It has this feature.

Oh really? I start Galeon from a command line, it leads
me through some startup options, and this is what I get
on the command line:

$ galeon
(QFA)Talkback error: Can't initialize.

** WARNING **: compiled mozilla version 1.0.1 != detected mozilla_version 1.2.1

** WARNING **: could not load bookmarks!
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /home/lnewton/mozilla/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [/home/lnewton/mozilla/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
/usr/bin/galeon-bin: relocation error: /usr/bin/galeon-bin: undefined symbol: CreateInstance__18nsComponentManagerRC4nsIDP11nsISupportsT1PPv

The program starts briefly and crashes immediately.

Great program. Now I remember why I never used it
before.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I like Mozilla.

--
Lynn