apt-get in Mandrake

Brian Tafoya plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:40:54 -0700

Mandrake's RPMs are not compatible with Redhat's for most part is the
only downfall, and I do not know of an apt repository for Mandrake.

--
Brian E. Tafoya
http://briantafoya.com
btafoya@briantafoya.com

Quote 16 of 39, in kookies.txt
ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Das Internet is nicht fuer
gefingerclicken und giffengrabben.  Ist easy droppenpacket der
routers und overloaden der backbone mit der spammen unt der me-
tooen.  Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen.  Das
mausklicken sichtseeren keepen das bandwit-spewin hans in das
pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das cursorblinken.
-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of Rob
Wultsch
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 12:27 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: apt-get in Mandrake

The short: if I were to install a semi minimalist mandrake 9.1 could I
then install the apt-get utility?

The long: With the trobles (aside those in x... that will be anywhere) I

have been having I am wondering if I could install Mandrake 9.1 (with
the of so yummy built in wi-fi and laptop hibernation), strip out the
fat (no, I do not need 5 shells, 4 office suites, 3 browser, 2
webserver, and a partage in a pare tree), recompile a light kernel,
install apt-get and have one powerful OS...
Robert James Wultsch III
robert.wultsch@asu.edu
sheepsleep7 (AIM)
(480)951-3169 (Home)