Re Modem Help Was: Dennis Kibbe

Michael Havens plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:21:16 -0500

:-)Mike(-:

OK, we're getting somewhere=2E More questions -

1=2E What happens when you run kppp and select ttyS04 as the device? Does the=

modem dial?

-I don't know how to do that

2=2E (and someone please correct if I've got this wrong) What is /dev/modem =
linked
to? Try ls -l /dev/modem to see what that's actually pointing to=2E

-I hate having to run home, type in what you suggest, and then run back to a=
 computer with internet access=2E This is why I answered the lspci -vv quest=
ion in two parts=2E

3=2E The output of lspci -vv should give you the model number of the US Robo=
tics
modem so you can google for further info=2E Or call your friend who built th=
e box=2E

-My friend built the computer for a M$ O$=2E VoltageSpike put Mandrake 9=2E0=
 on and I think he moved (he has not posted for some time now)