Mandarin/English Technical Translator

Victor Odhner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 22:11:50 -0700

Ed Skinner wrote:
 > Anyone know a good Mandarin / English translator ...

You might want to ask Oris Friesen.  I found an address
for him that being spelled out to avoid automatic
harvesting would be his first name, at his whole name
with no punctuation, dot comofcourse.  I knew him as a
high-level software engineer at Honeywell Info Systems,
who was deeply immersed in all things Chinese, and he
may know of a resource who could help you -- or might
be that resource, though I expect he's busy elsewhere.

Last time I met him was at Eric Raymond's speech
in Scottsdale a few years ago.

I could use a Chinese techie resource to look over
a web site that I am preparing in Chinese.  If you
have ever ridden in a car driven by a blind person,
you can imagine how my client must feel.  ;-)
So whatever you find out, I'd appreciate also having
the contact.

Thanks and good luck,

Vic

http://members.cox.net/vodhner/