David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
27 Jun 2003 15:06:48 -0700

A thought comes to mind. In the San Francisco Bay area many install
fests were associated with a computer show. The show provided floor
space, electricity, and set aside some space for "training class rooms".
That worked out really well.

The show arranged special passes for those who wanted to bring computer
equipment to have Linux installed on or you could buy a computer from a
vendor and then have Linux installed upon it. We even worked with the
vendors and many times installed Linux on vendors systems to be the demo
system in the booth. More then once the vendor sold the demos system at
a customers insistence. The customer did not want the same system to
take to the Installfest area on the other side of the room they wanted
the working" system. Usually that resulted in one of the vendor
"boothies" bringing over a new system to have Linux installed on it.

It worked out really really well. The show was once every other month
and we almost always were in attendance. I wonder if there is a computer
trade show we could work with in this area?

Cheers,

Davidm