COX blocks outbound smtp

Bryce C plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
24 Jun 2003 18:47:46 -0700

--=-H4S6hIcuDR3etsxPuwt1

Wasn't this a very hot thread for a couple weeks last week or so? I
admit, I'm not pleased that now I have to rely on them more than I
already had to, the service. I already gave up using their crappy DNS
servers. I wonder when they'll stop that? And then web proxying? POP3
proxying, blocking? Where will they draw the limit?
BTW, thanks AT&T for 12.127.16.68, even if you don't know. I've found
that COX is very slow to update so better to go with a backbone
provider's than your slow ISP.

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 18:34, Entelin wrote:
> COX is now blocking all outbound smtp except for their own servers. Just
> a heads up for everyone. They named their company quite appropriately in
> my opinion.=20
--=20
Bryce C <Plug@BryceCo.Net>
CoBryce Communications