networking problem

Frank Mandato plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
12 Jun 2003 21:58:22 -0700

   I shut down the network and restarted it, ditto for both ip6tables
and iptables --= did not work.

  I rebooted the computer --- did not work

  Tried your command --- /sbin/sysctl -w net.ip_forward=1
error: 'net.ip_forward' is an unknown key --- was the response.

  I wonder if it could possibly be my cd's, I ran a mediacheck and all 3
checked out fine, but one never knows. I also upgraded the kernel via
rhn, that did not make any difference as well.

  Well, back to the drawing board and some reading, I had to have done
something wrong.

  Thanks.

  FrankM