Good Bye Gnome, Hello KDE, I hope

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:04:30 -0500

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:17:16PM -0700, Phil Mattison wrote:
/_Debian has been suggested several times, so I'm tempted.
/_Point me to a web site that will convince me its worth the effort to switch.
/_--Phil M.

How about testimonials instead of a URL?

I am going to hammered for this, but I sit back most days
and really wonder why folks sit there and putter w/their
Redhat, etc systems. I think to myself "damn, if these folks
just used apt-get once, R.H. would be a memory". I had a problem
getting GNUe working the other day, I got on IRC, explained my
problem, and the gentleman (within 15 seconds) whipped
me a one liner (apt-get install <package_name>), and I went on my merry way.

Firewalling, again, I'll get slammed for this one, but OpenBSD
is just plain easy, secure, and always works. I know less now
than when I first used it: Why? I only do something to the system every
6 months or so when a new release comes out. Other than that, I forget
because I never have to work on it.

Give Debian a try and enjoy being productive.

-mike