Red Hat 8.0 Installation Takes Way Too Long

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:35:38 -0700

On Monday 02 June 2003 17:20, Voltage Spike wrote:
> Is it true that the problem calls for a new motherboard?  Although I
> have never tried it, it seems that I can: a) disable the bad IDE
> controllers in the BIOS, and b) install an IDE PCI card.

You are correct.  If the BIOS allows the on board IDE controller to be
disabled, which most do, then the motherboard would not have to be replaced.
Just get a PCI IDE card.

Why didn't I think of that.  Maybe because it is too obvious and I wasn't
thinking the whole issue through.  :^P

Alan