Linux install hangs on Initio SCSI card.

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:33:21 -0400

Steve,
My internal SCSI chain is indeed terminated.  There's an external connector
on the back which has nothing plugged in; I don't supposed that needs to have
a terminator on it?
Actually, I gave up and installed Mandrake 9.1 without the initio.  I'll run
it a while and see if it hangs.  Later (if it works OK) I'll plug the initio
in and see if Kudzu can recognize and configure it.   Red Hat 8.0 did that OK
before.  Then I'll see if the hang problem reoccurs.  I was wondering if
perhaps my installation of RH8 was not configured correctly to handle power
management, as the previous motherboard was 5 yrs old.  I'll cross my fingers.

Thanks,
Vaughn