Hard disk exerciser

Scott plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:16:06 -0700 (MST)

I have a laptop that recently likes to shut itself off - for no appearant
reason.  I suspect the hard drive may be the culprit because the sudden
power offs only seem to happen during disk access.  I was wondering if
anyone knew of a program that will let me "exercise" the disk.  Note:
there is no option in the BIOS to do this.  Any info would be appreciated.

scott

--
NT makes anything simple, easy, and anything difficult to do, impossible.
Unix makes anything easy to do difficult, and anything difficult to do,