OT: Looking for obscure hardware

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:41:33 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Joel Dudley wrote:

> Hello all,
>    I have a Linux workstation here at work that is hooked up to a
> beautiful SGI 1600SW flat panel monitor. I just acquired a second 1600SW
> and am dying to use both of them on my workstation. The problem is that
> SGI engineered the 1600SW with a proprietary digital connector. The only
> available converter is a very expensive multilink box from SGI. The
> Number Nine Revolution IV video card was designed to hook directly to
> the 1600SW's proprietary interface. If anyone has access to a Number
> Nine Revolution IV PCI (I already have the AGP version) my Debian box
> and I would be greatful. Thanks.

I'm running a 1600SW on my linux box with a NNR IV AGP, and it works great
under X - as a matter of fact, X is GORGEOUS.  If anyone needs the custom
config file that I used, let me know.

Seeing how the #9 uses the ticket-to-ride chipset (which has ZERO open g/l
suppor) I might consider buying a multilink adapter in the future so I can

(BTW: To find that PCI card, check eBay or nine.com.  The forums in
nine.com have people trading cards all the time)

--
Gary Nichols RHCE
http://www.linuxchimp.com