wireless gateway & openbsd

Tom Emerson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:31:20 -0700 (MST)

Hmmm, I thought all the wireless buzz was about making open access
available everywhere ... so that people driving by your home will be able
to check their email & surf as they pass by??

 ... wasn't this the AP access project that bases access on the MAC
address? (and it is totally spoofable).  My two cents worth, assume
_somebody_ is going to be sniffing your AP and potentially access your
network, secure your network with this in mind.

 - tom e.