Xwindows Help

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
23 Nov 2002 20:42:59 -0700

Okay for the record I had to update kdmrc on the remote box (which on RH
8.0) is found at /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc. I had to set [Xdmup] enable =true.
I also made some changes in gdm.config but it didn't start working until
I made the changes in kdmrc so I don't know if that had anything to do
with it. then I ran telinit 3 and telinit 5 to restart kdm/gdm/xdm. on
my local box I went to a new display (or screen I'm not sure I
understand the differents) by typing CTL-ALT-F2 then
X :1 -query remotebox &
So now I have no need of the KVM switch I got from frys just in case
<g>.

Carl P.

--
Carl Parrish <cparrish@cox.net>