more ICQ woes

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:50:50 -0700

  Carl> Have you tried the Mozilla Chat tool? the
  Carl> version in Netscape works great with ICQ,

Sure, I've used Mozilla Chat for IRC, but I need ICQ. I
need something where my boss can type in "Hey!" (which
he's inclined to do) and it will jump up in my face
while I'm working.

Netscape? The version I have on the system, which I
just loaded for the first time in at least a year, is
4.78. I don't think I'm inclined to download another
whole bloated and disfunctional browser program just to
get an IRQ client. (Which may or may not work.)

I'm a huge fan of Mozilla, but I use it only for
browsing. I have only passing interest in its
supplementary features. I certainly don't use it for
email or Web development. But it's the best browser
I've ever used.

Thanks.

--
Lynn David Newton