RH 8.0 woes

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:21:57 -0600 (CST)

On 11 Nov 2002, David Mandala wrote:

> Actually the lession to learn here is NEVER use an x.0 release from Red
> Hat. They ALWAYS break the x.0 releases. I've been using Red Hat since
> 1995 or so and I've learned the hard way never never use a x.0 release.
> Switch back to the 7.3 release and most will be well, wait for the 8.1
> release which will work quite nicely I'm sure.

ack....not to step on anyones toes or to piss anyone off, but the above
comments really bug me.   Most of the problems he is experiencing are not
redhat specific.  They are gnome2 specific.   They are known issues with
gnome 2.  They can all be resolved by downgrading to gnome1.4 (which, I
believe, redhat 8 ships with).

Although I agree the x.0 arent the most polished releases from redhat,
generally they do work :)

my .02.  if theres change, donate to the EFF :)

David
> >     I need an IRQ client available all day long in my
> >     daily work, because I telecommute. I suppose I
> >     could go to licq, but I hate it.

doh.  i think I borked my earlier response.  I read 'IRC' not 'IRQ' (would
that be 'ICQ' by any chance?)  if so, disregard my 'xchat' comment :)

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
--Darth Vader