Printing woes in mandrake 8.2

KevinO plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:03:39 -0700

I have printing working using Mandrake 8.2 here at the house.

lpr seems more reliable than cups but I have one system of each configuration.

Our printers are remote windows (smb) shares just to make it more interesting.

Uninstalling and reinstalling printers seems to fix things that are done
incorrectly during the install.

Try going in through the web interface and use the root username and password
when prompted : http://localhost:631

Going to lpr instead of cups seems to help sometimes also.

KevinO

--
KevinO

Matz's Law:
         A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.