A Consumer Suggestion

PLUG plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:13:35 -0700

I have been purchasing computer equipment through referrals from
http://www.PriceWatch.com for some time now and have with one exception had
very favorable results both in quality and price.  The one exception caused
me to report my difficulties to PriceWatch directly.  I was very surprised at
the extremely quick response from the merchant who corrected the problem
forthwith.  I can only conclude that PriceWatch is very protective of their
image and service.  Further, I conclude that merchants find that having a
listing on PriceWatch to be beneficial.

I have also dealt with Fry's Electronics several times.  I don't trust them
very much even though they seem to have improved over the years.  If you are
a knowledgable buyer you will be pretty safe, but even then you can expect to
spend time on the very long return line.  I lived many, many years in New
York City and I believe the expression for the majority of Fry's merchandise
would have been "shlock".  My personal action is to shop ever so gingerly at
Fry's and to count on little cooperation if it is needed.

Paul Harwood