Cheap notebooks as terminals?

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:49:26 -0400

I would not be TOO concerned about wireless capability.  Notebooks without a
battery would be cheaper and so you would have to be wired to power anyway.

My thoughts are that a notebook that works but has no hard drive and battery
should be pretty cheap, if you can find such a beast.  Then, the boot floppy
would need to load the pcmcia network card drivers, as you mention.

The show stopper at this point, for me, is that I don't have a server computer
yet.  The budget won't allow one for a while so I guess this is all academic
for now.  :^[

Still fun to talk about, though!

Alan