IF2 From the Meeting

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:20:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Justin Zeigler wrote:

> If needed we can bring multiple projectors, but I would have
> reservations about running 2 presentations at a time if there
> are less than 500 people at IF2.

Please forgive my ignorance: why?

> We (OSEF/GOVIA) can handle recording the presentations. we
> have at our disposal severl DVCams and a few MiniCams for
> this sort of thing. We can also bring a remote lapel
> microphone if the presentation room large.

Fantastic! You guys are really stepping up
to the plate. I can't thank you enough.

> Speaking of.... I would like to ask if it would be possible
> to put the presentations into GOVIA? We have a license that
> is designed to be copyleft compatible, but won't be sure
> until the FSF approves it. The license can be viewed at:
> http://govia.osef.org/index.html?u=License
>
> For material such as slides for presentation, GOVIA uses
> GNU's FDL.

Sure sounds good to me, but I think this is
AZOTO's call.

On the videos, there's also the bandwidth
issue to deal with - unless we just want to
put an offer in with each presentation to
order a CD of the video.