County Meeting

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:41:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, RJV wrote:

> > Moreover, how important is Maricopa County as a
> > migration target? Are there other targets that
> > could provide a higher ROI?
>
> There are no better targets than the Government at all levels.  The
> Government sets the standards.

No argument here - you are absolutely correct.
The return part of the ROI formula with
maricopa.gov is fantastic. What intimidates me
is the investment part. Our resources are
very limited, and Maricopa County is very
heavily dug in.

To be completely honest, I actually think that
converting 10% of Maricopa County's populace to
Linux may be the path of least resistance to
selling maricopa.gov. Building a groundswell
can be self-sustaining - sending wave after
wave againts Maricopa's fortifications, with
no support from the voters, will wear us down.